Saturday, June 17, 2006

Went to the country.......

Ate a lot of peaches. :D

I have that silly song stuck in my head because that's really what I did! The annual Peach Run 10K in Clanton Alabama, home of the Giant Peach along I-65.

It turned out to be a great "cool" summer morning, cloudy and breezy, and the temp was only 74 at 7 AM. All Alabama runners know that those a excellent running conditions for Alabama in the Summer.

Thank you to the Cornerstone Fitness & Wellness in Clanton. You know your in the country when the town's fitness center's "locker room" has no lockers, just "cubbies" for you to store your stuff while you workout. And only a single shower stall. I don't mean to insult Clanton, it is a very nice, quaint farming community. Next week is the Peach Festival.

"Going to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches..........." That song was stuck in my head the whole run!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Now that song is stuck in my head too!

FreakyNick said...

52:30